Terms and Conditions
COMPETITION CLOSES 12PM AEST ON SUNDAY 3 APRIL 2016
Information on how to enter and details of the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The promoter of this competition is Aushorse Marketing Pty Ltd ATC, Royal Randwick Racecourse, Alison Road, Randwick NSW Australia 2031 – ABN: 39 132 479 933
There will be only one Winner of the prize.
The total prize pool is valued at up to $200,060 (AUD) comprising:
- Return flights from the Prize Winner’s nearest Australian capital city to Sydney for 2 people – valued up to $700
- 2 nights’ accommodation (twin room) in a 5 Star Sydney hotel – valued up to $800;
- Return transfers from the hotel to Royal Randwick Racecourse – valued up to $200;
- Access to the Mounting Yard for pre-race brief with trainer and jockey before the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes
- On Saturday 9th April 2016, the Winner and his/her guests (up to a maximum of five) will be hosted at Day 2, The Championships at Royal Randwick Racecourse by Aushorse with food and beverage throughout the day including entry to an exclusive area.
- If Criterion wins the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes, the Winner and his/her guests (up to a maximum of five) will be hosted in the Winning Owners Bar to celebrate.
- The opportunity to receive 10% of the ownersprizemoney earned by Criterion in the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes. The maximum amount of prizemoney the Winner will receive is $198,360(being 10% of the prizemoney for 1st place less 9.9% to the trainer, 4.95% to the jockey, 1.5% to the stablehand and 1% to jockey insurance and welfare program.
- Should Criterion win the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Aushorse will contribute financially so that the Winner’s prize money will total $200,000.
- Prizemoney can be earned by participants in the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes if they place between 1st and 8th. The prizemoney available for participants in the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes is set out below together with the 10% amount which the Winner may receive less the 17.35% combined for the trainer, jockey, stablehand and insurance and welfare program)
$1,800,000, 2nd $520,000, 3rd $240,000, 4th $125,000, 5th $90,000, 6th $75,000, 7th $75,000, 8th $75,000
|Total Prizemoney (Owner) AUD
|Competition Winner's 10% AUD
The following conditions apply to the prize:
- If Criterion earns any prizemoney, Aushorse will pay the Winner his or her share of the prizemoney within 50 days of the running of the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes. For the avoidance of doubt, only the Winner (and not his or her guests) will be entitled to 10% of any prizemoney.
- The Winner and his/her guests must be aged 18 years or over.
- The Winner and his or her guests must adhere to the Racing member dress requirements for Royal Randwick Racecourse.
Eligibility for entry
- This competition commences at 12:00am (AEDT) on the 6th March 2016 and closes at 12:00pm 3rd April 2016 (AEST) (Promotional Period).
- Entry is free and is open to residents of Australia over 18 years of age who complete in full, the entry form available at www.ownachampion.com.au during the Promotional Period.
- Entrants are limited to one entry per valid email address. All duplicate entries will be removed and the first entry submitted by an entrant will be accepted.
- To enter the competition, eligible entrants must go to www.ownachampion.com.au during the Promotional Period and name the potential foal by Criterion, out of a mare called Ruud Awakening..
- Aushorse will take no responsibility for lost, late or misdirected entries.
- Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. Aushorse may in its absolute and sole discretion disqualify an entry. Any decision by Aushorse to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Neither employees, nor any family members of employees of Aushorse, its affiliate companies, their agents or those of their respective group companies or any supplier, provider or agency associated with this competition may take part in this competition.
- Aushorse reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in its opinion, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry, or who has, in the opinion of Aushorse, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Aushorse. Aushorse reserves the right to disqualify a Winner if it becomes aware that the Winner and/or the Winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must not violate or infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to rights of copyright, trademark, publicity or privacy. Entries must not include any intellectual property or the trademark of any other party. Without limiting the foregoing restriction, the entry should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third party materials. If an entry does include such material, Aushorse may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the entry.
- Before issuing the prize, Aushorse reserves the right to request proof that the Winner is over 18 years of age.
- The prize must be taken as prescribed. The prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash. All elements of the prize must be taken together. Any unused portion of the prize is not-transferrable, non-refundable and non-redeemable for other goods or services and cannot be taken as cash.
- In participating in the competition and accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the promotion, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner grants Aushorse and its affiliates including Aushorse.com.au and Fairfax perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide and the winner (and any associated person) will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The Winner agrees that he or she will not sell or otherwise provide his/her story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- If the horse Criterion is scratched from the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes after final acceptances are taken on 9am Tuesday 5 April 2016, the prize will stand save for the opportunity to receive prize money.
- If, during the Promotional Period or before final acceptances are taken for the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes, it becomes clear that the horse Criterion will not be competing in the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Aushorse will use its reasonable endeavours to find a substitute horse that is being targeted at a race on Day 2, The Championships. The prize will then stand as is, save that the horse the subject of the prize will be the substitute horse, rather than Criterion. The Winner will be eligible to receive as part of the prize 10% of the prize money earned by the substitute horse.
- The Winner will be notified of the name of the substitute horse in writing as soon as practicable.
- Aushorse does not guarantee a substitute horse. In the event a substitute horse is not found, the prize will stand save for the opportunity to receive prizemoney.
- Aushorse takes no responsibility for the cancellation or rescheduling of Day 2, The Championships or any of the races on the program including the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes. In the event that Day 2, The Championships or any of the races on the program including the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes is cancelled or rescheduled, the elements of the prize which have not been fulfilled will be forfeited.
- The Winner must abide by the terms and conditions of any third parties.
- The prize does not include additional costs such as transfers to and from the airport.
- The competition is a game of skill and all valid entries will be judged for creativity by a panel of three judges after 12pm on Sunday 3rd April 2016 according to these Terms and Conditions.
- No correspondence will be entered into in relation to the drawing of the prize.
- The Winner will be notified by telephone within 48 hours of the prize selection. The Winner's name will also be published on www.ownachampion.com.au. In the event that Aushorse is not able to contact the Winner by telephone due to an incorrect number being submitted, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining (non-winning) eligible entries.
- Aushorse’s decision in relation to any aspect of this competition is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Aushorse may in its absolute discretion amend, vary or alter these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice.
- Aushorse accepts no responsibility for any variations in the value of the prize as quoted in these Terms and Conditions including but not limited to the prizemoney offered on the Longines Queen Elizabeth Stakes or the race of any substitute horse.
- All entries will become and remain the property of Aushorse.
- Each entrant agrees, that subject to applicable privacy legislation, Aushorse or its agents may do the following:
- collect personal information about competition participants, such as their name and contact details;
- disclose personal information about competition participants to other organisations associated with this promotion;
- disclose personal information about competition participants to State and Territory lottery departments as required;
- publish the Winner’s name as required under applicable law;
- distribute marketing communications related to the thoroughbred racing industry (unless the entrant has opted out or notified Aushorse that he or she no longer wishes to receive such communications); or
- use the Winner’s personal information and photo in any media for publicity purposes associated with the promotion without any further payment or other compensation.
- Aushorse accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any system or connection problems that might affect any end user during this competition.
- Aushorse is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition.
- Aushorse and its affiliates and subsidiaries, or any of their employees, officers or directors shall not be liable for any damages howsoever arising as a result of a participant’s entry into this competition or a Winner's (and his or her guests) acceptance of a prize and any such liability shall be borne solely and exclusively by the participant or Winner (and his or her guests), as the case may be.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Aushorse which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, Aushorse reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this competition.
- Aushorse reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual whom Aushorse has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of this competition.
This competition shall be governed by and construed with reference to the laws in force in the State of NSW and entrants submit unconditionally to the jurisdiction of the appropriate courts of the State of NSW.